A Guide to Choosing the Right Concrete Cutter on the Gold Coast
When choosing a concrete cutting company on the Gold Coast, there are many different factors to consider. Concrete cutting is a demanding service, requiring the best in equipment, personnel and more. By doing your homework and choosing the best concrete cutter to carry out your project, you can protect yourself from work delays, out-of-control budgets and shoddy workmanship—among other things. Here are the top X factors to consider when choosing a concrete cutter on the Gold Coast.
Factors to Consider When Selecting a Gold Coast Concrete Cutter
- Experience: Before you hire a concrete cutting company on the Gold Coast, absolutely consider experience. How long have they been working in this industry? What kind of projects have they completed? Can they handle larger public works jobs (bridge demolitions, foundation removals, etc.), or do they only work on a smaller scale? All of these questions are worth asking to make sure you get a specialist that can handle the work you need to be done.
- Equipment: Once you’ve determined that a concrete cutting business has an appropriately experienced team, ask about their equipment. Are they using old or out-of-date machinery, or have they invested in the best and most state-of-the-art equipment on the market? Better equipment not only paves the way for a safer worksite but also ensures a faster and more precise concrete removal job.
- Insurance and Licensing: Concrete cutting is a service that involves the use of heavy-duty machinery, razor-sharp saws, powerful drills, and other equipment that can be dangerous if used by inexperienced personnel. You want a concrete company that is properly licensed with the appropriate state and national regulators and fully insured.
- Safety: A Gold Coast concrete cutter that is properly licensed and insured is probably one you can trust, but it’s still worth asking about safety precautions. Does the company inspect their worksites thoroughly before starting a concrete cutting project? How do they protect their workers on a day-to-day basis? What are their OH&S policies or standards? A company that takes the safety of its employees seriously is more likely to respect their customers, as well.
- Adaptability: Concrete cutting projects will run into unforeseen complications every so often. When choosing your concrete cutter, you need to know that they will be able to adapt and figure out new ways to circumnavigate the challenge and complete the project regardless. This factor is related to experience, in a way: companies that have done more concrete cutting projects have likely had to troubleshoot more projects, as well. However, asking your company about their track record for efficiency and meeting deadlines or budgets can also give you a sense about how reliable they might be in a crisis.
Big Cut Sawing & Drilling
At Big Cut Sawing & Drilling, we want to be your Gold Coast concrete cutter. With 25 years of experience, a state-of-the-art fleet of equipment, full insurance and licensing, a comprehensive employee and worksite safety policy and a history of meeting deadlines and budgets regardless of unforeseen complications, we believe we can provide you with a concrete cutting service that is superlative on every level.
If you wish to learn more about our experience, our equipment, our licensing or any other information discussed above, please do not hesitate to give us a call. You can reach our Melbourne office on 0409 066 660.